Time to talk is another opportunity for parents and carers to spend some time with Miss Breakwell. During this time Miss Breakwell will share school developments and spend time answering questions and sharing ideas about the school. Please look at the school calendar for the next 'time to talk'.
Latest Questionnaire Results...
Over half of families responded to the leadership/homework /behaviour questionnaire sent out after half term, please see results above.
We are really pleased at how highly leadership is thought of, we also are very happy at how approachable and friendly you have found the teaching staff to be. After your feedback and discussions with staff and governors, we are making a few changes:
• We are stopping the behaviour point system as we agree that other systems and rewards are more effective.
• We are not going to be giving weekly homework tasks out to children in reception, year 1 & 2. We would still like children to read every day, practise spellings & mental maths. We will still set a few open-ended topic based challenges to be completed during the year.
• Homework will remain weekly in Key Stage Two (rolling cycle of subjects), although we will endeavour to balance more structured tasks with open-ended creative challenges to appeal to a greater range of learning styles.
• All parents will be given greater guidance on what mental maths we are teaching at school & recommend tasks/games to support this learning at home.
• We are evaluating our home reading system for to ensure parents continue to feel able to support with reading at home.